|Job Title:||TELEPHONE OPERATOR|
|Company Name:||Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System|
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Location:||SALINAS, CA, United States|
|Shift Hours/ Days:||Variable Hours Variable Days|
|Degree Required:||High School/GED|
|Date Posted:||Jan 30, 2013|
|Note: Please read the complete description below before applying for this job.|
Works under the supervision of the Communications Director. Operates telephone consoles to answer incoming calls from outside and within facility. Satisfies inquires of a routine nature such as visiting hours, locations, patient room numbers; pages emergency information, meetings, physicians, and other personnel via public address or paging device. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Work requires knowledge generally acquired through a high school education or GED.
2. Licensure: None.
3. Experience: Six months recent experience as an operator, or the equivalent.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Working knowledge of interactive keyboards and systems. Above average hand/eye coordination. Finger dexterity to operate equipment.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Requires excellent skills to deal with a variety of people.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: See attached “Physical Requirements Sheet”
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Ability to speak read and understands English.
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System (SVMHS) does not discriminate in employment because of sex, race, color, age, religion, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, physical or mental disability, national origin or political belief.